HOST A PRP FELLOW
Every state and local law office has dream projects they would tackle, if only they had more hands on deck. The Public Rights Project Fellowship program serves a dual purpose: to jump-start the careers of aspiring public interest attorneys and build capacity at state and local law offices to more proactively enforce their residents’ rights. If you're a city, county, or state law office (e.g., Attorney General, District Attorney, City Attorney, etc.) and you want to expand your office's capacity for affirmative litigation, consider hosting a PRP fellow!
As a host agency, you have the opportunity to:
- Launch or expand your affirmative litigation and related policy work
- Achieve justice more quickly for your City or State’s most vulnerable populations
- Work collaboratively with other jurisdictions in the program and learn more about the approaches they are taking to tackle some of our nation’s toughest challenges
- Develop lasting relationships with our talented board members and network of pro bono attorneys
- Help create a pipeline of talented and dedicated attorneys in your area
Potential host agencies will be asked to consider:
- Fellow’s work: How will the fellow contribute positively to the work of the agency? What are the priority issues the fellow will be working on, including strategies and anticipated outcomes?
- Agency’s need: What communities does this work seek to help? How many people stand to be affected? To what extent is there a lack of legal resources currently available to address this issue?
- Supervision: Who will act as the fellow’s supervisor throughout their two-year term? What kinds of professional guidance and support can you reasonably offer the fellow?
- Compatibility: What are two to three of the most important criteria, characteristics, or experiences you look for in a fellow? What kind of office culture do you and your colleagues aim to foster?
Ready to get started? Please fill out the form below and we will reach out. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you.